HELPFUL ACTIVITIES TO BE DONE AT THE SHELTER
- Help socialize and train puppies and dogs – we train you to do this
- Receptionist/greeter in Office so that Supervisor can manage the work
- Help organize our storage areas: garage, storage shed, food shed
- Video our required canine assessment sessions, freeing up Staff for doing animal care activities – we can set up a schedule for the sessions to match yours.
- Photograph Pitbulls at s/n places for the grant we have
- Pick up our adopted dogs or cats that are dropped off at other shelters (Lacombe or Slidell)
- Set up photo backdrops to take professional looking photos at the shelter
- Take videos of our adoptable dogs and cats to put on the web sites (Petango, Petfinder, adopt-a-pet, WebShots, etc.)
- Learn how to do adoptions off-site and to organize an off-site adoption event (like we do at PetSmart). Get a group together to volunteer for taking dogs to PetSmart on Sundays.
- Paint (like the outside of the building) or touch up the outside of the cat play pen and other areas
- Help bathe dogs at the shelter, not just puppies but the bigger dogs too.
- Dog walkers to give the dogs a break from the shelter environment
- Cat rockers to help socialize and comfort the cats
- Learn about our dogs and adding web memos on their personality or story
- Handyman/woman for minor repairs
- Mow the grass and/or weedeat
<!newstuff----> <! at end of page section ------>
||1700 Palestine Road, Picayune, Mississippi 39466